Hey guys, in this article we will discuss how you can start a personal blog and how you can even monetize it. In this post we are discussing How to Start a Professional Blog And Monetize It?
I am excited to hear from you. So hey I am Gautam Das. Probably you already know me. I am a professor of digital marketing at IIMB.
Hey friends, so first you should know what is a personal blog. So how is personal blog different from a professional or a business blog? Personal blogging means running your diary on the web where you can write everything from your preferences to hobbies to ideas to tips to experiences to personal stories. Now the question is do you need a personal blog or do you need a professional or a business blog?
How to start a blog and make money
Now let us try to answer this question.
1. blogger's personality is very transparent in personal blogs but professional bloggers or business blogs keep their characters out of the blog.
2. comments so even though if you have a lot of traffic on your business blog you may not get as many comments and reactions on your post. The reason is that readers find themselves more connected with a personal blog!
So now, you have to figure out should you build a business brand or should you build a personal brand for your business. Now your personal brand usually means business with your name. So your personal brand is built around you, it will be based on your lifestyle, your personality, your interest but in a business brand you need to create a name for your business so your name will not be used in your business brand.
How to make money blogging for beginners
So guys, there are pros and cons associated with both types of brands: personal brand and business brand. Now let us see some pros of personal brand. Now if you want to be a one-man army for your brand, build a personal brand so you will be one person industry.
So you will be website developer, seo specialist, comedian, influencer, coach or an instructor. In that case the personal brand will work for you and your name will be known for your work. Now you can build a personal brand if you want flexibility because personal brands offer products and services in the business owner's name so in future, if you switch your area of expertise then a personal brand will give you flexibility so you don't need to change your brand name.
but now let us also see the cons of personal brand. Now initially no one will know your work just by looking at your name but the problem will get over when you gain popularity for your work. So you have to gain popularity by doing activities like organizing webinars, creating an active social media profile, writing guest post. Second point is that sales can be challenging to generate.
Start blogging to earn money online
So if sales is the motive, then you should opt for a business brand. Now we've understood the pros and cons of personal brand. Now let us see the pros and cons of a business plan. Pros: generating sales through a business brand is easier but crafting a name for your business is cumbersome task but it will be associated with your business forever but in the case of a personal brand the brand's worth will fall once the person behind the name leaves. Also people are willing to pay more for a recognizable brand.
How to monetize your blog from day one
2. the name tells the whole story:
so you can find the name for your business brand to express your offering. You can find a strong tagline. Now let us see some cons of a business brand.
1. get ready to do lot of hard work. From finding a name for your business to finding genuine customers, everything will require a lot of work. Business brands will not provide flexibility to change your interest so you'll have to build another business brand if you want to change your life. Now are you still confused which one to build? I will give you a magic solution. Build both brands simultaneously! That works guaranteed. Now the question is how you can build a business brand and work sideways to establish your own identity as a person? So business brand will speak about your offerings and personally you can write guest posts, answer questions, spread awareness about your business. In this way you can build a personal authority and a business brand that will complement each other. So now which one have you decided? Write tell me in the comment section, i'm curious to know. Now you have to figure out what niche you will choose.
How to Start a Professional Blog And Monetize It?
You should have enough knowledge about the niche. To become a successful personal blogger you need to create high quality content. So find out, is your niche big enough? does it have some niches which are of adequate market size? If the sub niches are big enough, my recommendation is to choose a sub niche because if you're a beginner and if you choose a general niche then it may not work for you. So in other words aiming for everything, you might get nothing. Then, also see will you be able to make money from the niche? will people be willing to pay for your products and services? so the question is how will you monetize a personal blog? and I will give you ideas.
1. use affiliate links. It is the most popular method to monetize your blog. Affiliate marketing is basically getting the commission for promoting other people's products but make sure you're promoting genuine products so that your audience benefits.
2. be a freelancer. If you're a blogger, you would have acquired some skills like website designing, social media marketing, seo, graphic designing so you can use your blog for advertising your skills such that people can hire you for a task or you can create your profile on websites such as freelancer, fiber and you get to work from there.
3. using advertisements and sponsorships to earn money so you can post banner ads on your blog website to make money. You can sign up to Google AdSense and start running ads on your website but guys one practical tip you should run ads only once you get more than thousand visitors per day because then only you will earn money otherwise your banner ads will only be a distraction for your readers. Okay now,
4. create online course because in covid we have seen the demand for online courses is increased many fold. Now, you need not be an expert to teach a course but you can be one step ahead of others. You can read more and then create modules. So if you're a food blogger, you can teach a course on cooking and recipes. If you are a fitness blogger, teach a course on workout plans. If you are a digital marketer, make a course on digital marketing.
5. send your products and books. You can sell products if they are related to your niche. So, if you write on beauty and wellness you can sell the beauty products you recommend. So by selling your products, you're making your own website an ecommerce store. Selling e-book is also a perfect approach to monetize your blog so writing a book friends will increase your authenticity but it takes lot of time and effort. Make sure that you're offering something in the book which is not in your blog. Writing a book can also encourage readers to buy your online course so try to write books on the topics which relate to your online course. So for example, my blog is on digital marketing. I also have a book on digital marketing. So guys you can check it out link will be in the description and my book is available on amazon and you can buy that. Now if you want to make your blog stand out, use your experiences and strength because many people write on the same niche but your unique experiences will make you different.
Display your personality, display emotions, appear human, reply to as many comments as possible and never post fluffy content. Some people make that mistake. They are in a hurry, they want to publish as many videos and post as possible so then the quality of content reduces. Give a striking different look to your blog. Your visual appearance, user experience will keep the audience hooked.
Try to find out which audience is attracted to your blog. Let's say it's growth with gender, add your voice, your unique writing style, your unique voice. Try to send your ideas differently so do you do any original research? can you rebrand old saying? which stories can you include? So guys, after this video you must have got an idea whether you should go for a personal blog or a professional blog and how you can succeed and monetize.
If you like this post then do a thumbs up, Tell me in the comment section what type of blog you're planning and subscribe to my site. Thank you for reading.